Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Remember When...


I was reminded tonight at the mall, that it would no longer be socially acceptable for me to sit on Santa's lap to tell him what I want for Christmas. I know... that sounds weird coming from a guy that's 25!

But seriously... I miss that naive feeling that I had as a kid. I just knew that Santa was real! In the same way that we lose that naiveness (yes I just made that word up) about Santa... I think we also lose it regarding Jesus! We don't necessarily abandon our hope in Christ, but we do abandon the dream that Christ plants in our hearts. We think that they are too big and not able to be attained! We can't afford to lose our vision, passion, and dreams that we have for the expansion of the Kingdom of God! To take this leap of faith that God is calling you to, it might require you to be a little bit naive. Not in an ignorant fashion, but rather we ought to make sure that we are always susceptible to the things that God has for us to accomplish through him.

Do you still believe that God can use you to accomplish great things for His Kingdom, or has your flame been extinguished???

Do you still hear hooves on your roof when you go to sleep the night before Christmas???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still very distraught that you're not going to tell Sophie there is no santa. How dare you!

Tripp Battle said...

Well I am still pretty distraught that you're going to tell Elijah that there's no Jesus! jk... LOL

Anonymous said...

You know... I never believed in Santa Clause... maybe when I was 3, but that was it. Yeah, I've always been a bit cynical at that point.
But, I still agree with the theme of this blog entry.

Tripp Battle said...

Thanks Adam!!! It's not like we're going to be anti-santa nazi's either! We just aren't going to lie to her... telling her that he's real!!! We want Jesus to be the focus of our daughter's Christmas... but she is welcome to leave cookies and milk out on Christmas Eve!!! They will get eaten!

Anonymous said...

After all the food keep the weight off by going to the Gold’s gyms in Dallas.