Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bitter Sweet...

Today was a bitter sweet day for me. I announced to Leonia Baptist Church (the church that I have been serving at the last 2 years) that I would be resigning as their Student Minister. I guess you could say that it went about as well as it could go!?!? There were people that were both sad and hurt... but they understood that God was calling my wife and I to be church planters. I told them that there was no bad blood... no one drove me out... and I am not leaving for more money. I am leaving because I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to follow where He leads.

August 31st will be our last day @ LBC, & September 7th will be our first Sunday @ Mosaic Church (www.mosaiccrestview.com) in Crestview, FL. If James, the Lead Pastor @ Mosaic, and I had to give myself a title... I guess you could consider me an Associate Pastor. It will be a temporary position that is preparing my wife and I to plant our own church in Pensacola, FL in August of 2010 (you can check it out @ www.baytownchurch.org). Please pray for me, my wife, Mosaic Church, Baytown Church & the people of Pensacola.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad everything went well at Leonia. I'm sure the past 2 years have been great experience for you and now you'll be able to experience something totally different! I'll be praying for you both.

Tripp Battle said...

Thanks man! I really appreciate your prayers. We will definitely need them!

Unknown said...

Tripp -

sounds awesome bro. we'll be praying for you. church planting is an intense form of ministry.

let me know what we can do for you.

boyd
boydbettis.com

Unknown said...

one other suggestion....

lose blogger...go to wordpress.com or typepad.com...you'll be a better church planter.

also..contact my brother about getting you setup with an incredible website for your church plant...he's got a lot of incredible options.

here's his contact info:
scott@updatable.cc
updatable.cc
readscott.com


boydbettis.com

Tripp Battle said...

Thanks Boyd! We're excited! Yeah... I am planning on purchasing trippbattle.com for my blog. I like typepad!