Monday, August 4, 2008

"Kris Kross will make you jump..."

I think that many of us remember the young rap group that inspired all of us to wear our clothes backwards in the early 90's (if you aren't old enough to remember them... please don't comment... you'll make me feel old). They went by the name Kris Kross... and in one of their songs, (their biggest... actually their only hit), they said, "Kris Kross will make you JUMP, JUMP".

If Kris Kross could make us jump, (& don't lie... you know you jumped every time that song came on), then what is God capable of doing??? Well... I'm glad you asked! Kris Kross may have made you jump... but God requires believers to LEAP. There are times in life where God calls you and I to a leap of faith. The difference is... it was easy (& fun) to jump when Kris Kross' song came on, but it's not easy to leap when God calls us to. See when God calls you and I to take a leap of faith... He is asking you and I to step out of our comfort zones and trust Him with all we have.

Jesus' 12 disciples know this first hand because that's what they had to do in Matthew 4: 18-22. Jesus asked them to drop their nets... aka their lively hood... and follow Him. Guess what... they did. Was it easy??? I would venture to say that it wasn't all that easy. Was it worth it??? I guarantee they would say "HECK YEAH!!!" People go out of there way all the time in life for things with a lot less eternal significance than following Jesus... So why not take that leap of faith and obey God's calling on your life!?!?!?!? What's God asking you to relinquish for the sake of following Him??? I guarantee you it will be worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, come on! It's Kris Kross. That song was awesome. I'll give you the wigity, wigity, wigity, wack! Just so you know...I tried to put my pants on backwards when I was little like them, but my butt was too big. Great blog.

james said...

warm it up kris, was also a pretty big hit.

and what about, i missed the bus?

Anonymous said...

I miss the bus was awesome, but the video was freaky. They had a fly for the bus driver!