Friday, November 21, 2008

Great Blog!!!

I know that many of you that read my blog read James' blog as well (if you haven't... click on James Ross' blog on under the "blogs i read" section)! I just read his latest blog that he posted today and I was blown away!!! Therefore, I just had to copy and paste his blog to my page as well. The more people that see and read this post the better... And FYI I completely agree with James' sentiments below!!!

where is the feedback? (James Ross)

I was wondering why a lot of people say they read my blog, but no one comments on it. Maybe my readers are just not good with words, maybe their too lazy to comment, or maybe they just don't get technology. Then I was advised by a friend of mine that I had to change the settings because it was currently set to only let registered blogspot users have a say. What a simple thing I was doing to disconnect people from my blog.

I think this sums up most churches today.

They have a great message, but no one is responding to it. They figure out all the reasons in the world why people are not getting into what they are doing; a liberal culture shift, young people's attention spans, money, etc. They are completely unaware of the fact that they have shut the world out and are only interacting with those "inside". It takes some simple adjustments to change from being a gathering of people focused on self to being a living body that reaches out to a world in need. The message they have is compelling, it is what people are born to hear.

The questions is whether or not the Church is ready to respond to the world's response to the Gospel.

As a blogger I am now ready for your comments. As a follower of Christ, I am ready to see you respond to the message of Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tripp,
Well I certainly have tried to respond but was not able to and I'm not the techno person! Love to read what you say.

Reaching out to the world is what it's about. Christ wants us to share the good news!

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Tripp! I completely agree with what James wrote! What a great analogy! Good stuff, thanks for posting.