Thursday, July 17, 2008

Excitement

Do you get excited when others around you are succeeding in life? I think that sometimes we can become jealous and wish that we were the one's seeing the success in life. For example... you may want to see God do some amazing things in your city... maybe your goal is to reach thousands of unchurched people so that they might know and follow the same Jesus that you follow. BUT what if God brings revival to your area (city), but He doesn't use you in the way that you would have like Him to. Maybe God wants to use you in an important way, but it's not what you had initially hoped for. What if God uses the guy at the church across town to start revival in your city, or to write a very influential book, etc...Would you still be happy that God's kingdom is expanding... that unchurched people are experiencing life-change... that your city is finally experiencing revival...??? That is a tough question for many of us to look directly at. I would encourage you to do so. See where you are at personally!

Are you doing what you are doing for your own personal gain and recognition, or are you wanting to see God glorified??? We don't always know why God does the things that He does. But we do know that He sees the big picture in life, and we must trust Him in that. I get overwhelmingly excited when I talk to my buddy James Ross. He is the lead pastor/teacher of Mosaic Church in Crestview, Fl, and let me tell you... God is really using him in some mighty ways to reached out to his community. I enjoy when he shares with me all the awesome things that God is doing @ Mosaic Church ( You check it out @ www.mosaiccrestview.com, or check out his blog down in the right hand corner where it says, blogs i read). I recently had the privilege to preach there on a Sunday in his absence, and I saw first hand all that he has been talking about.

So that leads me to my original question... Do you get excited when others around you are succeeding in life??? Let's stop being jealous, territorial people, and start becoming Kingdom minded when it comes to the church. By the way... the issue that I am discussing is equally applicable to the business world as well. I will leave you with a verse that many people forget about in times like these... Romans 12: 15 says, "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Are YOU???

2 comments:

james said...

i think i might feel a little convicted by this blog.

Unknown said...

that boy is so tight. hope your doing well.

boyd

boydbettis.com