Monday, July 14, 2008

God's Grooming...

Ask yourself this question... What is God grooming you for right now??? God is always preparing us for something... the question is... Do you and I know what that thing is??? What are you passionate about? Can God use that? Do you think that He put that passion in you? If it is a God honoring passion... I firmly believe that God has put it there. Sometimes we disregard our passions and desires though, because we have been taught to. We have to be careful with that kind of theology though.

Don't PUT OFF what God has PLACED IN your heart. If God has placed a desire in your heart it is not your job to doubt whether He is able to do it or not. He is able to do more than you or I can fathom. He doesn't need us... but He so graciously chooses to use us. You may not think that you are qualified to do what it is that you feel God is calling you to... But that is OK because your worth is found in Christ alone. If God has called you to do something don't doubt... because it is God who qualifies you. There is no greater qualification than Christ who resides in you and I as followers of Him! After all... I used to be a heroin addict!

Who would have thought that God had plans for me to be in the ministry. Not me!!! There is no other way to explain that other than God! Since I've been clean off of heroin... I've gone back to school (I'm a junior now), I met my beautiful wife Joy (@ school), we are having a baby, I am starting my third year in youth ministry, and I know that God is preparing me to be a church planter (in His perfect timing). Is there any other way to explain how a former heroin junky could achieve all that apart from God??? Absolutely not!!! So in light of all that... STOP DOUBTING & START DOING, because God is not looking for your ABILITY... but rather He is looking for your AVAILABILITY.

No comments: